There are a few reasons men and women desire lip augmentation with Juvederm Ultra. For some, lips have thinned with age, while for others, wrinkles around the mouth can age our appearance. Some simply desire more volume in their lips. Whatever your reasoning, JUVÉDERM Ultra could be a great option for improving the fullness of your lips.
Lip Augmentation with Juvederm Ultra
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is a hyaluronic acid injectable gel that temporarily adds volume and plumps thin lips. The lidocaine in the filler improves patient comfort during their injection. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is also useful for improving the appearance of moderate to severe lines around the nose and mouth. Patients can expect to see their results last from six months to one year. For lip augmentation, most side effects were mild or moderate tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, and bruising, itching, and discoloration. Most common side effects are temporary and subside within a week.
What to expect during your Juvederm Ultra treatment:
- First, you will enjoy a risk-free, complementary consultation from the comfort of our spa-like clinic in the Regency area of Omaha, Nebraska.
- Following your consultation, our Clinic Manager will take photos of the areas to be treated with Juvederm Ultra. These photos are to track your results.
- We will have you clean all products from your face before a topical numbing solution is applied to the lips.
- Once you’re comfortable, one of our board-certified cosmetic surgeons will administer your Juvederm Ultra filler using an ultra-thin needle.
- The doctor will go over post-injection care and answer any final questions you may have about your filler treatment.
- In the days following your Juvederm Ultra injection, you can expect to receive a check-up phone call from our staff to make sure you’re doing well and happy with your healing process.
- Most patients experience some swelling or slight bruising, but overall discomfort is minimal.
- If bruising or swelling lasts more than 5-7 days, we would like you to stop by the clinic so the doctor to make sure there is no infection or allergic reaction to the filler.
Juvederm Ultra Fillers in Omaha, Nebraska
If you’re looking for Juvederm in Omaha, Nebraska Imagen Body Sculpting & Cosmetic Center offers free consultations where you will receive a thorough exam and customized treatment plan. Consults can choose to have same-day treatment if they desire.
Be careful when looking for a Juvederm provider. Cheap injectables should be a red flag. Cheap Botox or fillers could mean that either the product has been diluted or the injector is not experienced or licensed. We recommend having a licensed cosmetic physician administer your injections. Imagen’s board-certified cosmetic surgeons perform thousands of injection treatments each year, and take care to customize your treatment for desirable, natural looking results.
How much is a syringe of Juvederm?
A syringe of Juvederm starts at $650.
How long do Juvederm fillers last?
The length of time your filler lasts depends on you and the filler you choose. Most fillers last between 6-9 months, with some Juvederm fillers lasting more than 12 months.
What is the difference between Botox and Juvederm?
Botox and Juvederm can both be used to treat signs of aging in including fine lines and wrinkles. However, Botox injections work by temporarily relaxing facial muscles to prevent wrinkles caused by expression. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler used to add or restore volume to areas like the under eyes, cheeks or frown lines.
What should I avoid after fillers?
Immediately after your injection, avoid pressure to the area including sleep. It's best to sleep on your back after receiving facial filler injections. It's also best to avoid blood thinners like ibuprofen which can cause bruising around the injected area. Avoiding salt is a good idea because sodium can cause swelling or puffiness where you've had fillers. Give yourself some time before you analyze your results; for some, swelling can be uneven from one side to the other though final results have desired symmetry.
Am I a good candidate for fillers?
If you desire added volume for facial rejuvenation, Hyaluronic Acid Fillers like Juvederm or Restylane may be a great option for you.
Reasons to avoid using Juvederm or Resytlane Fillers:
- Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
- Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have a history of excessive scarring or pigmentation disorders.
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy.
- Blood thinners like aspirin or ibuprofen may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
What are the possible side effects of fillers?
The most commonly reported side effects with dermal filler injectables included redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. These side effects are consistent with other facial injection procedures. Most side effects will resolve with time. Your doctor may choose to treat side effects persisting over 30 days with antibiotics, steroids, or hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid).
Do lip fillers hurt?
At Imagen, patient comfort and safety are top priority. For those seeking lip augmentation with lip fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane, we apply a topical numbing cream before injection. Lip fillers now include lidocaine which improves the comfort of the injection by reducing sensitivity to pain.
Can I inject just half a syringe of filler?
It is common for patients to be apprehensive about the amount of volume that is being injected, especially when filling the lips for the first time. We inject the amount of filler necessary to give you the natural result that you desire. Any left over filler can be injected in another area of the face or disposed of.
The Hyaluronic Acid inside the syringe of Restylane or Juvederm is sterile. If a clinic offers to inject ½ a syringe at half the cost, it is possible the injector may be using product that has been used with someone else. This is not only unethical, but extremely dangerous and can lead to infections, irreparable scars and damage to your skin. For this reason, each patient is charged the full price for a full syringe regardless of whether they elect to use all of the product or just half.
At Imagen Body Sculpting, our experienced doctors inject all of our facial fillers. This is not the case in many other practices. Regardless of who injects the filler, it is the responsibility of the doctor overseeing the practice to ensure that the needs of the patient are met with the highest standards of care and safety. Imagen Body Sculpting & Cosmetic Center prioritizes patient safety above all else. This is something we will never compromise, even if it means losing your business to a clinic with “cheaper” options.